1. Morning habit. People, especially those, who live in (big) cities tend to rush in the morning restricting it to a cup of coffee. Set your alarm 30 minutes to one hour earlier. Give yourself time to wake up slowly. Drink a glass of water and sit down for meditation or do it on the balcony. Breath and when your breathing rhythm is calm, go and prepare breakfast without your mobile or laptop in front. (Yes, without!)
2. Have a break. Seriously. Take a 30 minutes walk in your neighborhood. Start observing what is changing, who the people hanging out in the area are, the new graffiti art. Instead of rushing in the morning to your office, choose to walk a distance or do it in the afternoon when finishing work. If you are freelancing or working from home, do it during the day. Take pictures from what you see or keep the pictures in your mind. Start taking notes when you get home.
How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives. – Annie DillardTweet It!
3. Eat well. It is about quality and consciousness. If you do not remember in the evening if you had a bite or you forget about it, you body might not like it. No, we do not mean taking vitamin pills and various magic complementary chemistry stuff. We mean real food.
4. Live the moment. No need to feel strange about living the moment and forgetting that deadline or call you did not make. It might not have been the right karma. Work is not life, it is part of life. Spend time with beloved ones and/or friends as those are the people that share their lives with you as you do with them.
5. Evening ritual. Mine is drinking two cups of warm or cold herb tea (Cretan preferably) every evening. Try to not include any screen in your activities within the last hour you are awake. Listen to music. Read a book (yes, those things made of pages of paper). Have a shower. Think of your day and what happened.
Konstantina Zoehrer is one of the souls behind 180 Moires. She is a down-to-earth idealist with a curious mind and a passionate heart. Her vision is to transform employment for social and financial dignity. "Never underestimate the power of social networks based on genuine human relationships" is one of her life quotes.
Begin your day feeling grounded and inspired.
A free 30-day email series where we share the most impactful stories and ideas that have helped us on our journey to live a more meaningful life.
✌️ Free. Unsubscribe anytime.
“I’m in the midst of big life transitions at the moment, chasing book deals, relocating, taking risks, carving out a life that feels honest, so your emails have been a perfectly timed source of inspiration and reassurance.” Jo in London, Great Britain
"Love the emails! They are a great reset or what I would call mindful chiropractic adjustment to approaching the day. Thank you!" Laurie in Albuquerque, New Mexico
"I love the emails. They give me a new perspective and things to think about and apply in my life." Monica in Johannesburg, South Africa
"It's food for the soul and sets my spiritual compass in the right direction." Farahdiva Samsul in Assam, India
"Absolutely LOVE the daily emails. One of the only email subscriptions I read daily. Keep them coming!!" Adriana in New York, New York
"The emails are thought-provoking and uplifting. A little pause from the crazy happenings of modern life. A quick chance to reflect, smile, and think about a life lived mindfully." Pharan in Queensland, Australia
"I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mindfully Mailed series. Daily I await this little nugget of goodness to hit my inbox each day." Tambria in Shreveport, Louisiana
Welcome to Holstee
Our monthly membership helps conscious people (like you!) live a more meaningful life through actionable guide, inspiring art, thought-provoking content and a like-minded community.BECOME A MEMBER →
Distilled from our Manifesto, positive psychology, the science of mindfulness, and ancient philosophic studies we have identified twelve themes core to living both fully and mindfully. We mapped these twelve themes to each of the twelve months in a year. Together with our community we explore one each month.VIEW OUR THEMES →