Close your eyes and imagine you are standing in front of an ancient door. It's beauty takes your breath away. Hand-crafted from yew wood, intricately carved and gleaming, the wood’s rich color is a deep honey brown that swirls to purple followed by reddish-orange. The door is unattached and hingeless. There is no roof and are there no walls.
This is the door to the inner sanctum of your creative genius. Your well of resources infinite, you are invited to pose any question you desire, your genius able to meet you wherever you are while eternally proffering you to explore more deeply.
Every man, woman, and child may “connect” with their inner genius at will by becoming silent and aware. It is in this stillness that one’s limitation fades from sight like a mirage in the rising heat of the desert.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things." - Ray BradburyTweet It!
Your willingness is the only key necessary to pass through the holographic door before you to access higher states of consciousness where your genius resides. Do you see your willingness is you saying “Yes!” to begin exploring your creative genius?
The desires of your heart, that which stirs great excitement within you, are your flashing neon signs pointing you toward the flow of life and into the river of success through your unique creative spirit.
Here, success is not defined monetarily, but as abundance—abundance of love, opportunity, synergy, freedom, collaboration, joyfulness and peace.
Your inner genius may lead you to create the next best clothesline pin, write fiction, make jewelry, become an expert at vertical gardening, sustainable housing architect, bio-engineer—or perhaps you would simply like to co-exist peacefully in the world as a source of comfort rather than conflict for your family. But where do you begin?
- Enter your personal sanctum of boundlessness by becoming silent. Some call it meditation, but many people tend to impose too many expectations on meditation with only leads them to frustration. A moving meditation may suit you more, as long as you bring awareness to it—dishes, walking in nature, laying down, watching the trees blow in the wind, running, gardening. Some call it “being in the zone.”
- Pose your questions to the Universe, requesting the next step or for clearer understanding. It’s okay to seek truth and wisdom. You may ask anything your heart desires. For to inquire is the aspiration to know yourself more deeply as part of the Unified Field of Creation!
- Know the answer/solution is within. You are the question and the answer. Mind-blowing, but true! The question cannot be present without the answer already simultaneously co-existing.
- Let it go. Go about your day opening yourself periodically to quiet contemplation. As you do this, you will find that it becomes more and more your natural state of being to remain aware because you are awareness itself.
- Be open to receiving. The Universe will whisper a deeper understanding into your ear as if it came from your very own thoughts. It will open a window of opportunity you didn’t see coming. Sometimes it will close a door to tell you that the gentlest path is not what you thought it was—look again or wait.
As a Conscious Co-Creator, you take responsibility for your every thought, word, and deed, in loving kindness and compassion for yourself and others. The collaborative work you can do is mind boggling. No competition here. And no limits. Let your Opus begin!
___________________________________Christine Horner is co-founder of the What Would Love Do Foundation, an internationally syndicated writer, columnist, and Huffington Post blogger and has been nominated for the 2014 Dayton Literary Peace Prize. Christine enjoys writing fiction and non-fiction that offers a higher consciousness perspective on the human experience.
Love to write?
Every month we select at few writers to help us explore what it means to live a life of reflection and intention. Reach out to Jennifer, our Editor at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Welcome to Holstee
Our monthly membership helps conscious people (like you!) libe a more meaningful life through actionable guide, inspiring art, thought-provoking content and a like-minded community.BECOME A MEMBER
This article is part of our series on the theme of Creativity.EXPLORE Creativity
Distilled from our Manifesto, positive psychology, the science of mindfulness, and ancient philosophic studies we have identified twelve themes core to living both fully and mindfully. We mapped these twelve themes to each of the twelve months in a year. Together with our community we explore one each month.VIEW OUR THEMES