Close your eyes and imagine you are standing in front of an ancient door. It's beauty takes your breath away. Hand-crafted from yew wood, intricately carved and gleaming, the wood’s rich color is a deep honey brown that swirls to purple followed by reddish-orange. The door is unattached and hingeless. There is no roof and are there no walls.
This is the door to the inner sanctum of your creative genius. Your well of resources infinite, you are invited to pose any question you desire, your genius able to meet you wherever you are while eternally proffering you to explore more deeply.
Every man, woman, and child may “connect” with their inner genius at will by becoming silent and aware. It is in this stillness that one’s limitation fades from sight like a mirage in the rising heat of the desert.
"Don't think. Thinking is the enemy of creativity. It's self-conscious, and anything self-conscious is lousy. You can't try to do things. You simply must do things." - Ray BradburyTweet It!
Your willingness is the only key necessary to pass through the holographic door before you to access higher states of consciousness where your genius resides. Do you see your willingness is you saying “Yes!” to begin exploring your creative genius?
The desires of your heart, that which stirs great excitement within you, are your flashing neon signs pointing you toward the flow of life and into the river of success through your unique creative spirit.
Here, success is not defined monetarily, but as abundance—abundance of love, opportunity, synergy, freedom, collaboration, joyfulness and peace.
Your inner genius may lead you to create the next best clothesline pin, write fiction, make jewelry, become an expert at vertical gardening, sustainable housing architect, bio-engineer—or perhaps you would simply like to co-exist peacefully in the world as a source of comfort rather than conflict for your family. But where do you begin?
- Enter your personal sanctum of boundlessness by becoming silent. Some call it meditation, but many people tend to impose too many expectations on meditation with only leads them to frustration. A moving meditation may suit you more, as long as you bring awareness to it—dishes, walking in nature, laying down, watching the trees blow in the wind, running, gardening. Some call it “being in the zone.”
- Pose your questions to the Universe, requesting the next step or for clearer understanding. It’s okay to seek truth and wisdom. You may ask anything your heart desires. For to inquire is the aspiration to know yourself more deeply as part of the Unified Field of Creation!
- Know the answer/solution is within. You are the question and the answer. Mind-blowing, but true! The question cannot be present without the answer already simultaneously co-existing.
- Let it go. Go about your day opening yourself periodically to quiet contemplation. As you do this, you will find that it becomes more and more your natural state of being to remain aware because you are awareness itself.
- Be open to receiving. The Universe will whisper a deeper understanding into your ear as if it came from your very own thoughts. It will open a window of opportunity you didn’t see coming. Sometimes it will close a door to tell you that the gentlest path is not what you thought it was—look again or wait.
As a Conscious Co-Creator, you take responsibility for your every thought, word, and deed, in loving kindness and compassion for yourself and others. The collaborative work you can do is mind boggling. No competition here. And no limits. Let your Opus begin!
___________________________________Christine Horner is co-founder of the What Would Love Do Foundation, an internationally syndicated writer, columnist, and Huffington Post blogger and has been nominated for the 2014 Dayton Literary Peace Prize. Christine enjoys writing fiction and non-fiction that offers a higher consciousness perspective on the human experience.
Begin your day feeling grounded and inspired.
A free 30-day email series where we share the most impactful stories and ideas that have helped us on our journey to live a more meaningful life.
✌️ Free. Unsubscribe anytime.
“I’m in the midst of big life transitions at the moment, chasing book deals, relocating, taking risks, carving out a life that feels honest, so your emails have been a perfectly timed source of inspiration and reassurance.” Jo in London, Great Britain
"Love the emails! They are a great reset or what I would call mindful chiropractic adjustment to approaching the day. Thank you!" Laurie in Albuquerque, New Mexico
"I love the emails. They give me a new perspective and things to think about and apply in my life." Monica in Johannesburg, South Africa
"It's food for the soul and sets my spiritual compass in the right direction." Farahdiva Samsul in Assam, India
"Absolutely LOVE the daily emails. One of the only email subscriptions I read daily. Keep them coming!!" Adriana in New York, New York
"The emails are thought-provoking and uplifting. A little pause from the crazy happenings of modern life. A quick chance to reflect, smile, and think about a life lived mindfully." Pharan in Queensland, Australia
"I have thoroughly enjoyed the Mindfully Mailed series. Daily I await this little nugget of goodness to hit my inbox each day." Tambria in Shreveport, Louisiana
Welcome to Holstee
Living with intention is an ongoing practice, not a destination. Inspired by this, we’ve created a range of products to help you on your journey to live both fully and mindfully, including the Holstee Membership, Reflection Cards, and our recently-launched Reflection.app.
This article is part of our series on the theme of Creativity.EXPLORE Creativity →
Inspiration and tools to help you live a more meaningful life.VISIT THE SHOP →